“親愛的瑞恩太太”
"My dear Mrs Ryan."
“我有個喜訊要帶給你”
"It's with a profound sense of joy that I write to inform you
"就是令郎二等兵詹姆斯瑞恩安然無恙”
"that your son, Private James Ryan, is well"
“現在正從歐洲的戰線回國”
Fand at this mgmgntonhis way home from European battlefields."
“詹姆斯盡忠職守”
"Reports indteade diat jhimes did his duty in combat"
“勇氣過人堅毅不屈
"with greatcourage andisteadifnst dedication"
“縱使他得悉兄弟陣亡
Meven alfter he was informedior tne loss your family has sufferedy
P0堅持參與這場鏟除獨裁暴政的偉大抗争’
"in this great campaign to rid the world of tyranny and oppression."
“我與戰争部長”
"I take great pleasure injoining the Secretary of War,"
"美軍同仁及美國國民”
"the men and women of the US Army, and the citizens of a grateful nation"
"僅此祝你身體健康與詹姆斯一起活得愉快”
yin wishing youguodieathand many years or happiness with Jaimes."
“雖然愛子平安歸國”
"Nothing, not even the safe return of a beloved son"
“也無法彌補你和千千萬萬個美國家庭”
"can compensate your of tho thousands of other American families"
“在戰争中遭受的創痛”。
"who have suffered great loss in this tragic war."
“我想與你分享”
"might share with you some words"
“一番在悲痛絕望中,支持着我的說話”
"which haye sustnincdl me dhrough nights or peril, loss and heartache,
"是這樣的一番說話”
'and I quote,"I pray that our heavenly Father”
“願天主安撫你的喪子之痛”
"may assuage the anguish of your bereavement"
"讓你永遠懷念遠去的摯愛”
"and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost"
"神聖的榮耀都歸于你們”
"and the solemm pride that must be yours"
“因你們為自由付出了重大的代價”
"to have laid a so costly a sacrifice uponthe aitar ofiftreedom."
"林肯敬上”
"Abraham Lincoln."
“深表敬意”
"Yours very sincerely and respectfully,.
“參謀長馬歇爾上将”
"George C. Marshall. General, Chie otStnit,"

拯救大兵瑞恩 (1998)9.11998 / 美國 / 劇情 戰争 / 史蒂文·斯皮爾伯格 / 湯姆·漢克斯 湯姆·塞茲摩爾
...
...
...