“亲爱的瑞恩太太”
"My dear Mrs Ryan."
“我有个喜讯要带给你”
"It's with a profound sense of joy that I write to inform you
"就是令郎二等兵詹姆斯瑞恩安然无恙”
"that your son, Private James Ryan, is well"
“现在正从欧洲的战线回国”
Fand at this mgmgntonhis way home from European battlefields."
“詹姆斯尽忠职守”
"Reports indteade diat jhimes did his duty in combat"
“勇气过人坚毅不屈
"with greatcourage andisteadifnst dedication"
“纵使他得悉兄弟阵亡
Meven alfter he was informedior tne loss your family has sufferedy
P0坚持参与这场铲除独裁暴政的伟大抗争’
"in this great campaign to rid the world of tyranny and oppression."
“我与战争部长”
"I take great pleasure injoining the Secretary of War,"
"美军同仁及美国国民”
"the men and women of the US Army, and the citizens of a grateful nation"
"仅此祝你身体健康与詹姆斯一起活得愉快”
yin wishing youguodieathand many years or happiness with Jaimes."
“虽然爱子平安归国”
"Nothing, not even the safe return of a beloved son"
“也无法弥补你和千千万万个美国家庭”
"can compensate your of tho thousands of other American families"
“在战争中遭受的创痛”。
"who have suffered great loss in this tragic war."
“我想与你分享”
"might share with you some words"
“一番在悲痛绝望中,支持着我的说话”
"which haye sustnincdl me dhrough nights or peril, loss and heartache,
"是这样的一番说话”
'and I quote,"I pray that our heavenly Father”
“愿天主安抚你的丧子之痛”
"may assuage the anguish of your bereavement"
"让你永远怀念远去的挚爱”
"and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost"
"神圣的荣耀都归于你们”
"and the solemm pride that must be yours"
“因你们为自由付出了重大的代价”
"to have laid a so costly a sacrifice uponthe aitar ofiftreedom."
"林肯敬上”
"Abraham Lincoln."
“深表敬意”
"Yours very sincerely and respectfully,.
“参谋长马歇尔上将”
"George C. Marshall. General, Chie otStnit,"
...


