伊塔洛·卡爾維諾先生說過 “經典需要重讀”;同樣,經典電影需要重看,也經得起重看。讓我們來重溫一下部分經典英文電影裡的經典台詞,感受語言帶來的力量和藝術美。
Shawshank Redemption 肖申克的救贖

1. You know some birds are not meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright.
你知道,有些鳥兒是注定不會被關在牢籠裡的,它們的每一片羽毛都閃耀着自由的光輝。
2. There is something inside ,that they can't get to , that they can't touch. That's yours.
那是一種内在的東西,他們到達不了,也無法觸及的,那才是你自己的。
3. Hope is a good thing and maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.
希望是一個好東西,也許是最好的東西,好東西是不會消亡的。
Sleepless in Seattle西雅圖不眠夜

1. Work hard! Work will save you. Work is the only thing that will see you through this.
努力工作吧!工作能拯救你,埋頭苦幹可令你忘記痛楚。
2. You make millions of decisions that mean nothing and then one day your order takes out and it changes your life.
你每天都在做很多看起來毫無意義的決定,但某天你的某個決定就能改變你的一生。
3. Destiny takes a hand.
命中注定。
4. You know, you can tell a lot from a person's voice.
從一個人的聲音可以知道他是怎樣的人。
5. People who truly loved once are far more likely to love again.
真愛過的人很難再戀愛。
Forrest Gump阿甘正傳

1. Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.
生命就像一盒巧克力,你永遠不知道下一顆是什麼。
2. Stupid is as stupid does.
蠢人做蠢事(也可理解為傻人有傻福)。
3. If you are ever in trouble, don'ttry to be brave, just run, just run away.
你若遇上麻煩,不要逞強,你就跑,遠遠跑開。
4. It made me look like a duck in water.
它讓我如魚得水。
5. Death is just a part of life, something we're all destined to do.
死亡是生命的一部分,是我們注定要做的一件事。
6. I was messed up for a long time.
這些年我一塌糊塗。
GARFIELD加菲貓

1. Money is not everything. There's Master Card.
鈔票不是萬能的, 有時還需要信用卡。
2. One should love animals. They are so tasty.
每個人都應該熱愛動物, 因為它們很好吃。
3. Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two.
每個成功男人的背後,都有一個女人. 每個不成功男人的背後,都有兩個。
4. Every man should marry. After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.
再快樂的單身漢遲早也會結婚,幸福不是永久的嘛。
5. The wise never marry, and when they marry they become otherwise.
聰明人都是未婚,結婚的人很難再聰明起來。
6. Success is a relative term. It brings so many relatives.
成功是一個相關名詞, 他會給你帶來很多不相關的聯系。
7. Love is photogenic. It needs darkness to develop.
愛情就象照片, 需要大量的暗房時間來培養。
The Lion King獅子王

1. Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.
世界上所有的生命都在微妙的平衡中生存。
2. I'm only brave when I have to be.Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble.
我隻是在必要的時候才會勇敢,勇敢并不代表你要到處闖禍。
3. When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world.
如果這個世界對你不理不睬,你也可以這樣對待它。
4. You can't change the past.
過去的事是不可以改變的。
5. Yes, the past can hurt. But I think you can either run from it or learn from it.
對,過去是痛楚的,但我認為你要麼可以逃避,要麼可以向它學習。
6. This is my kingdom. If I don't fight for it, who will?
這是我的國土,我不為她而戰鬥,誰為呢?
Gone with The Wind亂世佳人

1. Land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for. Because it is the only thing that lasts.
土地是世界上唯一值得你去為之工作,為之戰鬥,為之犧牲的東西,因為它是唯一永恒的東西。
2. Whatever comes, I'll love you, justas I do now. Until I die.
無論發生什麼事,我都會像現在一樣愛你,直到永遠。
3. I think it's hard winning a war with words.
我認為紙上談兵沒什麼作用。
4. I never give anything without expecting something in return. I always get paid.
我做任何事不過是為了有所回報,我總要得到報酬。
5. Now I find myself in a world which for me is worse than death. A world in which there is no place for me.
現在我發現自己活在一個比死還要痛苦的世界,一個無我容身之處的世界。
TITANIC泰坦尼克号

1. All life is a game of luck.
生活本來就全靠運氣。
2. I love waking up in the morning and not knowing what's going to happen, or who I'm going to meet, where I'm going to wind up.
我喜歡早上起來時一切都是未知的,不知會遇見什麼人,會有什麼樣的結局。
3. I figure life is a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You never know what hand you're going to get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you.
我覺得生命是一份禮物,我不想浪費它,你不會知道下一手牌會是什麼,要學會接受生活。
4. To make each day count.
要讓每一天都有所值。
5. We're women. Our choices are never easy.
我們是女人,我們的選擇從來就不易。
6. God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more
death. Neither shall there be sorrow or dying, neither shall there be any more
pain, for the former world has passed away.
上帝擦去他們所有的眼淚.死亡不再有,也不再有悲傷和生死離别,不再有痛苦,因往事已矣。